Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Updates

Sketches of the silhouettes for the garments are ready. I had called Mrs.Bina Rao. I will be meeting her on Saturday to show her the sketches and collect the fabric....
For the time being, i will be looking for more inspirational images for the theme BEAUTIFUL OLD and rework on the moodboard.

While brainstorming more on the theme, I came across Fashion history in my mind map.
I revisited the notes of the course we had on Fashion History.The 1930's fashion seemed appealing to me. The Art Deco Movement during the period influenced every sphere including fashion.
Please visit the Links and Research page for more updates.



What i intend to do now is make a fresh set of silhouettes, drawing inspiration from the 1930's fashion and the Art deco Pattern.


26-07-2010

I haven't got an opportunity to get my designs approved by my client, but have managed to get hold of some fabric (around 15 end bits).

Here are some possible fabric combination's:



1 comment:

  1. I would say you need to work with atleast two themes, not just one. Beautiful Old & linking it to Art deco seems ok but your mood boards for Beautiful old do not depict Art Deco. INfact they are textures, simple & natural. So show me visuals for this new interpretation of beautiful old & then i can give you further feedback. You need to work faster, your progress is very slow.

    ReplyDelete